Egan Associates has published our annual KMP report detailing trends in remuneration for Non Executive Directors among top companies listed on the ASX and NZX.
The report examines fee pools, aggregate Director fees, as well as retainer fees and committee fees.
Key findings include:
- Movement in the market value of companies has seen a dramatic shift in the level of Director fees recorded for the top 50 and next 50 companies by market capitalisation.
- Fee levels in financial and industrial companies have seen significant increases over last year’s KMP report.
- Committee fees continue to track at the levels of previous years.
- The growth in fees for Chairmen and NEDs has been lower than that of a CEO over the last three years, but higher than the growth in average weekly earnings, which has fallen to levels unseen for a number of decades.
- The relatively high growth in NZ Chairman and Director fees recorded in last year’s report continued in this year’s data, however, the fall in the exchange rate has affected the relative purchasing power in comparison to Australia.
For more of the findings, download the complete report here.