I would like to thank our clients for their support in the 2015 calendar year. We are particularly delighted with the referrals that we receive from clients to their associates, either through common Board membership, industry affiliation or from other professional firms with whom we have worked in corporate transformation projects, mergers and acquisitions and IPOs.
2015 has been another very positive year for Egan Associates acting as the remuneration adviser to many organisations transitioning from private equity, an investment fund or private and government ownership, where we have been engaged in developing reward structures that better accommodate a listed environment or new owner while advising on strategies in rebalancing the three core elements of reward (fixed remuneration, annual incentive and long term incentive) in parallel with escrow provisions supportive of the expectations set out in a Prospectus and those of new shareholders.
Our engagement has been highly diverse, covering biotechnology, information technology, fintech, financial services, the consumer staple and consumer discretionary sectors, healthcare, industrial, utilities and energy, infrastructure, e-commerce, marketing, retail, business services, REITs and telecommunications in both Australia and New Zealand.
In the current year Egan Associates have been engaged as the primary remuneration adviser to companies preparing for an IPO with a market capitalisation from less than $100 million to in excess of $2 billion.
We also appreciate our continuing engagement by established clients in supporting their annual remuneration reviews, refreshing their annual or long term incentive plans and/or reviewing their general policy and market positioning strategies as they seek to both attract top talent and retain their core leadership.
Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for reading our Newsletter and offering constructive feedback. We hope that you have enjoyed our articles and reports, and that you will continue to do so in 2016.
We have compiled a list of the material our readers have enjoyed the most over the last 12 months, which is set out below:
Our KMP Reports:
- KMP Report: Director and Executive Reward Trends 2015
- KMP Report: The Rise and Rise of Risk
- KMP Report: Remuneration Trends for ASX 300 and NZX 50 Boards
- 2015 AGM Season Proxy Advisor Views
Our data analysis and discussion of trends:
- Setting Pay the US Way
- Target STI Payments the Norm for Top CEOs
- Company Size Makes World of Difference to Bonuses
- Managing STI Deferral
- CEO Pay for Performance
- Infographic: Director Tenure in the ASX 100
Our commentary on Board issues:
- Hallmarks of a Successful Board in 2015
- Australia-NZ: Analysing the Governance Divide
- 3 Key Questions to Lift Board Performance
- Joining a Remuneration Committee? Prepare for the Learning Curve
- Gender Pay Equivalence
Our news-related items:
- Abolish Long Term Incentive Plans? Or Just Fix Them?
- ESS Tax Changes Passed
- Independent Director Quota Announced for Super Boards
- Draft Report on Workplace Relations Framework Released
- Realised Pay a Focus of ACSI Survey
- ACSI Findings on Board Composition and Non-Executive Director Pay