Egan Associates must comply with the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and other applicable laws which protect privacy.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with our products or services or to answer any requests or enquiries.
- Provide Egan Associates with your personal information and contact details;
- Enquire about, request, licence or purchase Egan Associates products and/or services;
- Ask to be placed on an Egan Associates mailing list;
- Visit our Site/s or enter your personal information on the Site/s;
- Participate in an Egan Associates survey;
- Interact with Egan Associates through social media (including LinkedIn and Twitter);
- Contact Egan Associates;
- Apply for a job with Egan Associates.
Importantly, in some circumstances if you do not provide the information that we request, you may not be able to engage with us and we may not be able to provide products or services to you.
We may also collect personal information from service providers, clients or other third party sources.
Egan Associates may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, or create anonymised data which does not identify any particular individual, which may include without limitation post code, preferences, employment details, salary, title, gender, interests and favourites information. Egan Associates may use such information, strictly on an anonymised basis in any way it sees fit including without limitation for providing, improving or developing the features and functionality of its products and services, subject to compliance with applicable privacy laws and any contractual limitations.
Egan Associates may also collect, receive or store certain non-identifiable information relating to your use of and behaviour on the Site/s, or your computer hardware and software. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Egan Associates collects, holds and uses your personal information to:
- operate the Sites and provide the products and services you have requested;
- provide you with information that may interest you or on other products, services or offers available from Egan Associates and its partners or affiliates;
- contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered;
- in respect of job applicants, to process and evaluate your application, to contact applicants and for related recruitment purposes;
- personalise and customise the advertising, products and services included on the Sites;
- manage its business and enhance its products and services;
- future promotional and marketing purposes including direct marketing purposes;
- comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements; and
- any other customer support purposes.
Egan Associates may sometimes use the personal information collected for a secondary purpose, that is, for use in a way different from the original reason for collection. It will only do this in the following circumstances:
- Where you have consented;
- Where the secondary purpose is directly related to the primary purpose, and you would reasonably expect Egan Associates to use or disclose the information in such a way; or
- Where permitted or required by law, or it is in the interests of public safety to do so.
If you are receiving promotional information about Egan Associates and do not wish to receive information any longer, you may remove your name from our list either by unsubscribing using the link provided in the communication or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and asking to be removed from Egan Associates’ mailing list.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Egan Associates does not provide your personal information to mailing list companies and will not otherwise disclose your personal information without your consent.
Egan Associates will not allow access from or transfer your personal information to recipients outside of Australia.
Egan Associates may disclose personal information:
- Where you have consented;
- Where disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted;
- In special situations where it has reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with the rights or property of Egan Associates, other users or clients, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; or
- If required or authorised by law.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION EGAN ASSOCIATES KEEPS ABOUT YOU
If at any time you want to know exactly what personal information Egan Associates holds about you, contact Egan Associates at email@example.com.
CHANGING AND UPDATING INFORMATION EGAN ASSOCIATES KEEPS ABOUT YOU
You can also request at any time that personal information about you be corrected, updated or deleted, by contacting Egan Associates at firstname.lastname@example.org and Egan Associate will amend your personal information accordingly. This is part of Egan Associates’ commitment to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information it holds about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Egan Associates will do everything reasonable to keep secure the personal information which Egan Associates holds about you. Access to this information is restricted to Egan Associates employees who have specific authorisation. Egan Associates continually endeavours to improve security safeguards. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure, so Egan Associates cannot absolutely promise that the information you provide to Egan Associates will always be totally secure. Egan Associates will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information. Egan Associates takes all appropriate measures to safeguard against the unauthorised disclosure of personal information, however no responsibility can be accepted for the conduct of third parties outside of its control. Egan Associates has appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration of your personal information.
The Sites use “cookies” to help personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalise any Site pages, or register with the Site/s or related services, a cookie helps Egan Associates to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. When you return to the same website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the features that you customised.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Egan Associates services or Site you visit.
EGAN ASSOCIATES AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Egan Associates encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from Egan Associates so you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. Egan Associates is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the Egan Associates family of websites.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM, QUESTION OR COMPLAINT
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner website.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT